The Natural Capital Initiative is initiating and facilitating dialogue between key academic, policy and business decision-makers to find shared solutions and approaches.
Details of our next event are available below:
23rd November 2023 | 10:30 – 12:00 | Online (Via Zoom)
During this event, a panel of experts will explore the principle of marine natural capital, and the potential for this as an area of investment whilst simultaneously maintaining and improving the biodiversity and quality of these environments.
The discussion will also cover the particular issues of this in a marine context, including legal ownership of the seabed and the resources that these areas provide.
Annette Burden, wetland and coastal biochemist at the UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
Taco van Heusden, co- founder of KALY Group
Maddie Millington-Drake, senior climate project manager at the Blue Marine Foundation
You can find more details of the event and register here
You can watch a YouTube recording of the latest NCI event here.
At our latest event, a panel of experts from the marine sector examined the principle of marine natural capital, the potential for this as an area of investment whilst maintaining quality of these environments, and the issues that arise from this.
You can find a full list of previous NCI events, as well as links to watch these, by clicking here.
The NCI celebrated its 10th anniversary at the Valuing our Life Support Systems 2019 summit, 21-22 May in London. It followed from our inaugural Valuing our Life Support Systems summit in 2009, and Valuing Our Life Support Systems 2014.
Over the last decade NCI has held also smaller meetings, focused on still relevant themes such as:
- How can humanity sustainably engage with nature – The Dasgupta Review on the Economics of Biodiversity
- Natural capital priorities for coping with change
- Dasgupta Review on the Economics of Biodiversity
- Financing natural capital in peatlands
- Natural Capital Protocol for land-based businesses
- Wholescape thinking
- Embedding the natural capital approach in the built environment
- The Future of Evidence-based Environmental Policy in the Brexit UK
- Making Natural Capital Data Meaningful
- Natural capital tools for the UK construction industry
- Building Prosperous Cities
- Participatory decision making and the ecosystem approach
- Natural Capital Monitoring
- Natural capital without boundaries: integrating the management of catchments, coast and the sea through partnerships
- Putting the Ecosystem Approach into practice – what can it do for you?
- NCI sessions at the World Forum on Natural Capital
- Workshop on natural capital and barriers to evidencing impacts on human health
- Interdisciplinary working for economists and ecologists on public policy
- Citizen choice and land use
- Ecosystem services and the delivery of health benefits
- No net loss and beyond (Net gain)
- Sustainable Cities
If you would like to get involved, for example partnering or speaking at an event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in sponsoring an event, see here for further details.