The Natural Capital Initiative is initiating and facilitating dialogue between key academic, policy and business decision-makers to find shared solutions and approaches.
Quarterly NCI Dialogues are small, topic-focused workshops or breakfast briefings that are often held in partnership with other initiatives and organisations. Dialogue sessions bring together experts from academia, policy and business, to identify shared solutions and promote interdisciplinary approaches, and feed in to the Valuing our Life Support System Summits.
The NCI celebrated its 10th anniversary at the Valuing our Life Support Systems 2019 summit, 21-22 May in London. It followed from our inaugural Valuing our Life Support Systems summit in 2009, followed by Valuing Our Life Support Systems 2014.
Over the last decade NCI (also in partnerships) has held also smaller meetings, focused on still relevant themes such as:
- Financing natural capital in peatlands
- Natural Capital Protocol for land-based businesses
- Wholescape thinking
- Embedding the natural capital approach in the built environment
- The Future of Evidence-based Environmental Policy in the Brexit UK
- Making Natural Capital Data Meaningful
- Natural capital tools for the UK construction industry
- Building Prosperous Cities
- Participatory decision making and the ecosystem approach
- Natural Capital Monitoring
- Natural capital without boundaries: integrating the management of catchments, coast and the sea through partnerships
- Putting the Ecosystem Approach into practice – what can it do for you?
- NCI sessions at the World Forum on Natural Capital
- Workshop on natural capital and barriers to evidencing impacts on human health
- Interdisciplinary working for economists and ecologists on public policy
- Citizen choice and land use
- Ecosystem services and the delivery of health benefits
- No net loss and beyond (Net gain)
- Sustainable Cities
If you would like to get involved, for example partnering or speaking at an event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in sponsoring an event, see here for further details.