NCI & CIRIA Dialogue: Natural capital tools for the UK construction industry
6th October 2016
Charles Darwin House, 12 Roger Street, London WC1N 2JU
Natural capital is fast becoming a priority business issue. Yet there is a lack of understanding around the application of natural capital concepts to construction industry practices.
CIRIA and the Natural Capital Initiative (NCI) came together to hold a briefing session on the application of natural capital principles and tools in the construction industry. This session brought together construction industry leaders, leading natural capital scientists, and decision-makers to discuss how this and other tools can be applied to benefit the industry and our natural environment.
Chaired by Professor Mike Acreman, Science Area Lead for Natural Capital at the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, with talks from Dr Martina Girvan, Technical Director (Ecology) at Arcadis Consulting, Martin Ballard, Group Environment Manager at Willmott Dixon and Steven Bullock, Global Head of Research at TRUCOST
- Implementing the Natural Capital Approach, by Dr Martina Girvan, Technical Director (Ecology) at Arcadis Consulting
- The Natural Capital Protocol, by Steven Bullock, Global Head of Research at TRUCOST
- Read our Blog on the event
- Read the Arcadis White Paper ‘Making Natural Capital Count‘
- Visit the Natural Capital Coalition to learn more about the Protocol
CIRIA is the construction industry research and information association. As a neutral,
independent and not-for-profit body, CIRIA links
organisations with common interests and
facilitates a range of collaborative activities that help improve the industry.
This meeting was sponsored in part by Kier Group