Valuing our Life Support Systems 2019
21-22 May 2019
The Crystal, London
- Photo gallery
- Keynote presentations, speakers and panellists
- More information and presentations from sessions + speed talks
- Conference report coming soon
The Natural Capital Initiative’s 10th anniversary summit offered an independent platform for people in science, policy, NGOs, businesses and local communities to discuss and debate innovative natural capital solutions that enhance the environment and strengthen society.
Meet the keynote speakers and panellists from Defra, University of Oxford, PwC, Plymouth Marine Laboratory, Natural England, European Centre for Environment and Human Health, IPBES, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Natural Capital Coalition and Scottish Natural Heritage.
Read more about the workshops and speed talks from the natural capital community around the summit themes:
- New frontiers in natural capital data and methods
- Governance and institutions for implementing natural capital solutions
- Urban health and wellbeing
- Sustainable land and water management
- Sustainable marine planning
You can also follow the conversation on Twitter #NCI2019.
We would also like to thank the People and Nature journal for their support for the conference dinner, as well as the many organisations contributing to the workshops and panel discussions.
Finally, thank you to all participants for making it happen!
The Natural Capital Initiative is a partnership of the Royal Society of Biology, British Ecological Society, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, and the James Hutton Institute.